Sunday, August 31, 2008

Hurricane Gustav & Stuff

Yesterday was interesting to say the least. As Hurricane Gustav loomed close to the Gulf of Mexico I was worried that it might move a little closer to the east than it did. But we were spared yet again by a monster of a storm. As usual, I grabbed my Kodak camera and went to the window to capture the first in a series of feeder bands that made their way into the Keys. I was a little worried later on in the day because these fast moving bands were producing fast-moving waterspouts than would could come on land as tornadoes. We were fortunate this time that not much occurred other than 50mph wind gusts and scattered bouts of heavy rain. All in all we dodged another one.... (Thank you Sister Louise Gabriel - bless you for creating a grotto to the Blessed Mother to protect our island)



I did make CNN this time though!!! I got a call about the video clip I took yesterday as well as the photo below that I had submitted. They wanted as much info about each submission as I could give them. Pretty cool, huh? :) Here are screen shots below and also the link http://www.ireport.com/docs/DOC-71024 , to the site where my submissions are.



No comments: