Friday, August 22, 2008




A Gift From Heaven










Finding out we were going to be grandparents for the first time, and on my 50th Birthday ........ was the most fulfilling and amazing joy anyone could ever experience! It was a special moment, and the manner in which my son and his wife broke the news to us is something out of a movie!! My husband was so overcome that it still makes me tear up when I think of it. I am still floating on cloud nine :)








Our children mean the world to me and have brought complete joy to our lives for the past 27 years. No parent could ask for better than the memories and experiences we have shared with our daughter and son. They were your typical kids growing up.... were involved in as many activities as they could possibly do such as, Girl Scouts, city league cheerleading, little league football and baseball just to name a few! We enjoyed family trips to Disney World as well as visits to their grandparents home nearby. We have always been by their side through thick and thin. Through the highs of great academic achievements and the lows of not making a certain team or group.




Our son and daughter-in-law Amber, have been trying to conceive for some time now, and have now been blessed from Heaven above! They are expecting their "little peanut" to make his/her entrance into the world around mid-February. I pray that my son and his wife will find parenthood as rewarding and full-filling as he was in the second chapter in the lives of my husband and I. The next chapter we embark on - Grandparenthood - is the chapter which we are eager to begin!
Our prayers are that our grandchild be a happy, healthy little addition to our son's family and may he and his wife enjoy each memory filled day of their childrens' lives as much as we did.

No comments: