Tuesday, August 19, 2008


Bear with me as I venture into unknown waters! I'm more of a lurker and occassional poster than I am an actual Blogger! I was truly inspired to take up writing and sharing my photos by recent visits I made to the blog page of Jeremy Hall. He is an amazing photographer, and his ability to bring an image to life with a simple click is what led me to pick up my camera again and not just use it to capture photos of the Osmonds - my life-long favorite group.

What has really amazed me is that I am becoming more and more comfortable behind the lense and thrilled at some of the images I've snapped around town. I hope this will be a new journey in my life. Quite a few of my friends have always had confidence in my photo taking and have also encouraged me to pursue my passion. Let's see where this will all take me.

The photograph above was taken yesterday. Tropical Storm Fay had visited Key West in a less dramatic fashion than the forecasters had predicted. After a nearly two hour pounding by wind and rain I emerged from my home to the delight of one of God's amazing gifts. Another breath-taking sunset on the Key West horizon. I made sure not to waste any time capturing the vibrant colors of the sky! I was also couragous enough to submit it to
http://www.ireport.com/ for viewers of CNN who have photos to share. Although my snapshot wasn't chosen to air on a broadcast, I will always remember to carry my camera with me for anything news-worthy I might come across.
Thanks for stopping by my page for my first-ever blog! I hope to add my photos from time to time and welcome your comments as well!

No comments: